Thursday, August 19, 2010

First Post!

As most of you probably know, I arrived in Korea on the 18th. I managed to sleep the entire 13 hour plane ride, thanks to Benedryl. When I got off the plane, I met 2 other Americans-one who is actually going to be teaching in the same city (Daegu), and the other a student who will in be studying in Seoul. We found the EPIK desk easy enough, and I got on the bus to Jeonju University immediately. Much to me surprise, Jeonju is about 4 hours south of the Incheon Airport, and sitting on the bus was the last thing I wanted to do after traveling 18 hours (especially since the handle on my suitcase broke, and has since been a task to bring it anywhere).


As soon as I arrived at the University, I fell asleep-but woke up at 5 am which has been a trend I'm hoping I can break tonight. The orientation has been pretty low-key so far, but will pick up this afternoon with lectures and classes. Last night we had a welcome ceremony where they performed drum dances, Tae-Kwon-do, and fan dances. We then had a hodgepodge-type dinner, which was interesting to say the least.

I've been meeting a ton of interesting and fun people from English speaking countries from all over the world. Daegu, where I'll be teaching, seems to have the most teachers out of all the cities at this orientation. I'm most excited for orientation to be over, so I can get settled in and into a routine.


No comments:

Post a Comment