Friday, October 1, 2010

I was paid last Friday, and I don’t think that any of my first paycheck will be saved. I joined a gym, joined Costco, and bought a chair all within 24 hours of my first paycheck. I’m realizing that since this is my first full time job, all previous dedications to saving have gone out the window. Considering I’m planning on traveling while here, I should really reconsider my careless spending habits.

Today (Saturday) I’m going to a mask festival about an hour from Daegu. It’s supposed to be one of the best festivals of the year, so I’m pretty excited about that. On Sunday, I’m also taking a day trip about an hour away to bike around a small town that is known for it’s old-style architecture.

Next week on Monday and Tuesday, my students have midterm exams. Basically, what that means is that I’ll be desk warming all day. However, on Tuesday, all the teachers are going on a field trip somewhere about an hour away. I think it’ll be nice to spend time with my coworkers outside of school.

I also recently met a girl who is interested in doing a language exchange (English-Korean), so were meeting on Monday. I’ve learned the alphabet, but I have absolutely no vocabulary except for the most basic survival skills. I really want to learn Korean, so I’m really excited to meet her.

No comments:

Post a Comment